What is Hang Out?
On October 12-13, 2018, Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast will return to the IP Casino Resort Spa for our 4th Annual Hang Out with Habitat rappelling event. A limited number of brave participants will rappel down the IP Casino from 300′ up taking in the views of the Gulf Coast while raising funds to benefit Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
No experience is necessary! Anyone 18 or older, who is between 100 and 300 lbs. can rappel with a $1,000 tax deductible donation, or the commitment to raise $1,000 or more. You will get the “once-in-a-lifetime” opportunity to descend the outside of the IP Casino Resort Spa and help raise $100,000 to further Habitat MS Gulf Coast’s mission while raising funds for home repair and financial education efforts in our community – efforts that help our neighbors achieve strength, stability and self-reliance through adequate shelter.
The view from up top is amazing…reserve your spot today and we will create a personal fundraising page that enables friends, family, and colleagues to donate funds toward your rappelling adventure!
Over The Edge is a special events company that provides signature events for non-profit organizations anywhere in North America and its currently expanding globally. Over The Edge to date has raised $70 Million for non-profits around the world.
Become A Sponsor
It’s an exciting time to get involved in the 4th annual “Hang Out with Habitat” fundraiser by going Over the Edge to help build strength, stability, self-reliance and shelter on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Help us raise money and awareness for the causes of Habitat for Humanity by becoming a sponsor. The event is presented in partnership with the IP Casino Resort Spa. Contact Becky Ginn at 228.678.9100 ext. 1015, or BGinn@hfhmgc.org to get started today.
Frequently Asked Questions.
- Who can “Hang Out with Habitat” and go OVER THE EDGE?
- All individuals must be at least 18-years old and weigh between 100-300 lbs can rappel. No experience is necessary!
- How do I register?
- Register HERE. If you have any questions, or need any help, please don’t hesitate to call 228-678-9100, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What do I need to do?
- Each participant is required to register and raise $1,000. We will provide you with a Website to share to friends and family and some tools and tricks to get you to your goal.
- How can I become a Sponsor?
- Contact Becky Ginn a call at 228-678-9100, ext.1015, or email her at email@example.com about becoming a sponsor. Incentive levels and sponsorship packages will also be available.
- What are the terms and conditions for Hang out with Habitat 2018?
- You can find the policies, terms and conditions for Hang Out with Habitat 2018 here.
- What is a credit card guarantee form?
- The credit card guarantee form states that you are committing to participate in Hang Out with Habitat to go Over the Edge and pay the $1000. You are given the opportunity to fundraise the fee and whatever balance is left unpaid will be charged to the card provided. Download Form
- How does the credit card guarantee work?
- (1)You sign and submit the Credit Card Guarantee form upon registration or no later than September 7th. You can schedule your rappel time by signing and submitting this form. (2)You continue fundraising and rappel on October 13, 2018. (3) You continue fundraising AFTER the event. (4) On October 31, 2018, any balance due will be charged to your credit card. For example, if you have raised $995 by October 31st, your credit card will be charged $5. If by October 31st you have raised $1000 or more (or the amount you have signed your guarantee for), your credit card will NOT be charged. Download Form
5000Keep up with our campaign via social media. Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter to stay involved.
About Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast works in partnership with community stakeholders throughout Harrison, Jackson and Stone counties to create innovative sustainable housing solutions and opportunities for people to transform their lives.
Find Out What’s Going Down! Sign-up & Stay Informed